Everything you need to take on the city, whenever you’re up for it.
63 Bangkok Residence is connected to the SkyTrain (BTS) Ekamai Station The bustling Sukhumvit area and Sukhumvit Road can be reached by the BTS Sukhumvit Line, which runs from Mo Chit through Bearing. While guests can interchange at Siam station for the Silom Line. Other areas can also be easily reached by taking the MRT. All of these transportation options provide excellent access to major department stores like Emporium, Central Chidlom, Siam Paragon, MBK Center (Maboonkrong), Siam Discovery, and Siam Center. The historic Siam Square are also easily accessible.
Bangkok, pronounced Krungthep in Thai, is full of amazing sights. Boasting more than 400 temples or "Wat" as they are referred, rise up to the sky and present a storied history, especially the historical area of Bangkok, which is full of cultural highlights. Here is a list of some "don't miss" attractions:
• Grand Palace - The capital's most famous historic site was built in 1782. The complex houses many magnificent royal buildings, as well as the famous temple of Wat Phra Kaeo, home to the 14th century Emerald Green Buddha.
• Wat Pho - The Temple of the Reclining Buddha is one of Bangkok's largest and oldest temples, featuring the massive 150-foot long gold-plated statue of the reclining Buddha. Home to the eponymous massage style found all over Thailand, guests are encouraged to make a stop at the Wat Pho Massage School.
• Chatuchak Weekend Market - Covering more than 35 acres, the Chatuchak Market is a sight to be seen. A plethora of exquisite crafts and fabrics, Thai antiques, furniture, clothing, and live animals makes this one of the most vibrant slices of local city life.
• Jim Thompson House - The former home of Jim Thompson, the American credited with starting the Thai silk fabric industry, has been converted into a stunning museum. Its collection of art and antiques offers superb insight into Thai history and its unmistakable aesthetic.
• Vimanmek Mansion - The largest teak structure in the world, this mansion was built by King Rama V as a temporary residence during the renovation of the Grand Palace. The unique blend of delicate Victorian and Thai architecture makes the golden wood building a delight to behold.
We also recommend the following places to explore:
TERMINAL 21 SHOPPING MALL
Terminal 21 brings the dream of traveling the world to downtown Bangkok, with its cutting-edge concept that places several world-famous cities under one roof. Terminal 21 is a one floor one concept shopping mall. This concept is market streets of the world. It decorated a well-known city streets; such as Rome, Paris, Tokyo, London, Istanbul etc. Each floor of this Bangkok shopping mall has a different theme based on various cities around the world, so it's like traveling to a new shopping venue when you hit each floor. And the designers placed gorgeous statues and icons of each city in their respective sections. Apart from the city themes, what really makes Terminal 21 stand apart from the other cookie-cutter malls are its 21st-century utilities such as free Wi-Fi (bring your ID/Passport to one of the information counters), toilets with heated covers and bidets -- amazing! -- and an impressive 36-meter escalator. Easily reached by both BTS and MRT train service, we invite you to be the first to experience the brand new Terminal21 – the Whole World is Here.
How to get there from here : Take the sky train (BTS) 4 stations
Terminal 21: Asoke-Sukhumvit Intersection, BTS: Asoke. MRT: Sukhumvit. +66 (0)2 108 0888. www.terminal21.co.th
Siam Center /Discovery/Paragon
Siam center/Siam Discovery
Thailand's first shopping center .
Siam Discovery , Siam Center is the first shopping center in Thailand. To introduce the concept "Lifestyle shopping" makes a distinct difference from other shopping centers and shops offering a unique product with a unique concept . A favorite of the free heart . And choose to use a product that represents the true identity of his very best , Siam Discovery , Siam Center .
The shopping center in the heart of the shopping and leisure travelers. During almost a decade ago . And rated as one of the region s t.
Located next to Siam BTS it is linked by a covered walkway to Siam Paragon Mall, famous for its high-end boutiques. There are plenty of well-known brands at Siam Center as well, and the crowd they are aiming for is young and hip. It may sound like a contrast but the overall vibe of Siam Center successfully blends natural elements with high-tech facilities. Siam Center has spared no expense in the way the goods are displayed with bursts of neon, shops designed like bird’s nests and highly polished marble floors. One shop can even be found in a wicker yurt. Locating the bathrooms can be tricky; however, they’ve kept the hip and cool theme running through the entire mall and on one floor the facilities are hidden behind mirrors and mannequins.
How to get there from here : Take the sky train (BTS) 7 stations